Marathon Texas City Safety Critical is the site-specific course on safety critical topics for the Marathon Refinery facility in Texas City, TX. The purpose of this orientation is to inform the contractor workforce at the Marathon Texas City Refinery with an overview of safety Critical topics.
2) Contractor must be on Marathon’s Authorized Contractor List.
3) Prior to taking this course, the student must have successfully completed course 07MO – Marathon Texas City Site.
4) The student MUST successfully complete courses 07MO – Marathon Texas City Site, 07MO-HF Marathon Texas City HF Acid (if working in the HF Acid unit), course 07MO-SC Marathon Texas City Safety Critical, and course 07MOF2F prior to facility entry.
NOTE: Students must complete all the courses, including the instructor-led Face-to-Face course, within 30 days of initial class registration.
5) Failure Policy: If the student fails this course, they are required to take course 07SFEEXT and must score at least 70% in order to retake this course.
6) Course codes will not appear on the KCUC-issued card. Students will receive the course codes on a Safety Council Texas City card once the 07MOF2F course has been successfully completed.
All construction and contracted maintenance and services personnel who will be working at this site.
This course includes review of the following topics:
|Course Length (approx.):||30 Minutes plus Test|
|Course Expiration:||1 Year from Class Date|
|Passing Score Required:||80%|
|Retakes Allowed:||Yes, but must pay for the one retake allowed; see Failure Policy in NOTES above|
|Reader Assistance Allowed:||No|
|ID Requirements:||Students must present a valid (not expired) U.S. State or Federal ID with photo and separate Social Security card if the SSN is not on the ID
|Valid ARSC Card (BOP/BOPR):||Yes|
|Social Security Verification (SSV):||Yes|
|Other:||Yes – see requirements for Marathon’s Authorized Contractor List|
|Background Check:||Yes – must complete a Graded Background Check from either S2Verify or First Advantage with a grade of 00 to 02|