Marathon Galveston Bay Refinery HF Alky 3 is the Hydrofluoric Acid Alkylation (HF Alky) Unit orientation for the Marathon Galveston Bay Refinery facility located on Galveston Bay, off the entrance to the Houston Ship Channel, in Texas City, TX. The purpose of this orientation is to inform contractor personnel of general safety rules, regulations, practices, and principles associated with the Hydrofluoric Acid dangers in the Galveston Bay Refinery.
Please see the following NOTES for specific information.
2) Contractor must be on Marathon’s Authorized Contractor List.
3) Prior to taking this course, the student must have successfully completed courses 07GBRLCS Life Safety Critical; 07GBRSPP Safety Practices and Policies; and 07GBRSAE Security and Environmental.
4) The student MUST successfully complete courses 07GBRLCS Life Safety Critical; 07GBRSPP Safety Practices and Policies; 07GBRSAE Security and Environmental; and 07GBRF2F Face-to-Face prior to facility entry. In addition, students must also complete course 07GBRHF HF Alky 3 if they will be working in the facility’s HF Alky unit.
NOTE: Students must complete all the courses, including the instructor-led Face-to-Face course, within 30 days of initial class registration.
5) Course codes will not appear on the KCUC-issued card. Students will receive the course codes on a Safety Council Texas City card once the 07GBRF2F Face-to-Face course has been successfully completed.
6) Failure Policy: If the student fails this course, they are required to take course 07SFEEXT and must score at least 70% in order to retake this course.
All construction and contracted maintenance and services personnel who will be working at this site.
This course includes review of the following topics:
|Course Length (approx.):||60 Minutes plus Test|
|Course Expiration:||1 Year from Class Date|
|Passing Score Required:||85%|
|Retakes Allowed:||Yes, but must pay for each retake; see Failure Policy in NOTES above|
|Reader Assistance Allowed:||No|
|ID Requirements:||Students must present a valid (not expired) U.S. State or Federal ID with photo and separate Social Security card if the SSN is not on the ID
|Valid ARSC Card (BOP/BOPR):||Yes|
|Social Security Verification (SSV):||Yes|
|Other:||Yes – see requirements for Marathon’s Authorized Contractor List|
|Background Check:||Yes – must complete a Graded Background Check from either S2Verify or First Advantage with a grade of 00 to 02|